Important objects from the time of the Herrnhut mission belong to the new acquisitions. Among the items are five tobacco pipe bowls from the Eastern parts of North America that are from the Iroquois, Lenni-Lenape (Delaware) and neighboring tribes. These pipe bowls have been in Germany since the mid-18th century. The tsatsa (Buddhists amulets) were collected by the Herrnhut Ladakh missionary August Hermann Francke around 1900 and could be purchased by an auction. They now enrich the Western Tibet collection. At the suggestion of the museum, some people collected objects while travelling. In this way, proof of the artistic creations of the Kalmyk (South Russia), but also contemporary objects from the Caribbean and Suriname became part of the holdings. Vigo L. Glaß, who worked in the European diplomatic service, has left part of his collection to the museum since 1995. As instructed in his will, more objects, that he had collected, were handed over. Now, about 500 objects could have been marked as “Donation Glaß”.